Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ron Paul’s Campaign Manager Died of Pneumonia, Penniless and Uninsured

Here is MEFIs thread on the issue

AND, here is what happened to me

I had pins and screws in my hip from a severe automobile accident in 1977.
I guess I was supposed to have them removed but I was so young at the time it happened and it was such a tragic event, and since I had no problems with them, AND I only had sporadic healthcare over the twenty years, I never thought to have them removed.
In 1996 I started having pains in my hip and I went to a city hospital that accepted indigent patients. They gave me pain pills and sent me home.
The pain continued and was slowly getting worse and I kept returning to the hospital and they continued to give me more pain pills and even started giving me other drugs, I remember Ativan being one of those pills they prescribed.
After about thirty days, I was becoming delirious and bedridden.Then my face swelled up and my lip split open.
I went back to ER and when I woke up, about a week later, they had removed my hip and portions of my pelvic bone.
I had developed an infection where all this hardware was in my hip and it became the MRSA.
If I would have had insurance it is probable that the infection would have been detected before I underwent a series of operations that left me on disability after months in the hospital and almost a year in a long term care facility.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are lucky having a National Health Service.

- Aangirfan